Some businesses were founded during a recession:
Disney, Microsoft, Google, Facebook and Hudson Business Accountants and Advisers.
No matter how bad things are, we all have to do the right things in order to produce the best possible results:
- Build robust internal systems for maximum efficiency
- Recruit a service focused team to be the friendly human interface between these systems and clients
- Be clear on who our ideal customers are and focus our marketing accordingly
- Have consistent marketing and sales systems rather than relying on good luck
- Nurture our clients through the early days and reward loyalty
- Look after ourselves in order to look after everyone and everything else in the business (it’s why I write so much about self care)
- Look after our team (whether employees, subcontractors or outsourced) so that they will look after our business
- Get your pricing right
If you can manage through the tough times you will be a roaring success in the good times.
And don’t forget that, as well as our paid programmes, you can sign up for our free monthly webinars to help you with different aspects of your business.