Software is changing all the time but here are a few useful bits that you may not have spotted in your existing software:
- I still come across people who haven’t set up bank rules for repeating payments such as rates and salaries.
- If you’re an accountant or bookkeeper using Xero then it is worth doing their online certification course to learn all the main tips and tricks.
- There is a new short term cashflow report which can be particularly useful at this time. It forecasts your cashflow for the next 7-30 days based on invoice due dates although it doesn’t include payments for such things as salaries and taxes.
- Use the invoice reminders to gently chase overdue invoices where customers may have forgotten them.
Thrivecart are offering a lifetime subscription for you to handle all your online sales through one platform. You will still need to use a payment provider. We use Stripe for card sales but you can use GoCardless or Paypal.
- Many apps that don’t have a direct interface can be connected by using Zapier. An action in one app can trigger an action in another app using Zapier rather than coding. It’s so simple that even I can do it (and I haven’t even done the training yet).
Let me know your other hacks and shortcuts as efficiency is so important in business.